Ukrainian Day 2018 takes place on Sunday, August 19. Learn more by visiting our Events page.
Harvest of the Past
Bring all the family to learn about farm life at the end of the 1920s and enjoy a number interactive demonstrations, presentations, and exhibits.
- Historical Village Harvest Activities: horse-drawn wagon rides, threshing bee, binding and binder explanation, stoking, machinery “petting zoo,” grain deliveries to the Grain Elevator, sickle and scythe cutting, bundle tying, Zhorna (flour mill) grinding, onion and garlic braiding, flailing and winnowing, fanning mill, horseshoeing demonstrations, Morse Telegraphers, horse harnessing demonstrations, Kapusta (sour cabbage) making, feather stripping, wool carding and knitting, canning
- Children’s Activities: petting farm, face painting, arts, and crafts
- Art Club Display
- Guest Speaker Series and Food Demos
- Feature Exhibit: Peter Shostak exhibit
- Village Market: featuring locally produced crafts and foods
- 50/50 Draw: try your luck and purchase 50/50 tickets - proceeds support the Friends of the Ukrainian Village Society
- Musical Entertainment: enjoy music performed by local musicians on the Courtyard and Flatbed Stages
- Gift Shop
- Food Services on site: pancake breakfast, food court, Sweets n’ Treats
Regular site admission applies on event days.
Head, Special Events & Volunteer Resources
780-662-3855 ext. 1112