- May 19 to Sept. 3, 2018: Open 7 days a week 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Closed to the public from Sept. 4 to May long weekend 2019 (except for special events and pre-booked programs).
- Located 25 minutes (50 kilometres) east of Edmonton on Highway 16, 3 kilometres east of Elk Island National Park
- Get directions to the Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Village
- Family (2 Adults + Youths to a maximum of 8 people): $40
- Adult (18-64): $15
- Senior (65+): $13
- Youth (7-17): $10
- Child (0-6): Free
- Canadian Military and Family (with CFOne card): Free
- Friends of the Ukrainian Village Society member: Free
Purchase an Experience Alberta’s History Pass and receive unlimited admission to a network of provincial historic sites and museums in Alberta for 1 full year.
Discount for group bookings (15 or more people) when pre-booked (email UCHVbookings@gov.ab.ca).
All prices include GST. Admission fees are subject to change without notice.
- Gift shop (summer season only)
- Food services (summer season only)
- Large picnic area with picnic tables and a fire pit (no wood supplied)
- Onsite ATM
- Horse drawn wagon rides are included with admission. Wagon rides available Monday to Friday in May and June, and Thursday to Monday in July and August.
- A 45-minute tour is included with admission. Tours depart from the Visitor Centre at 11 a.m., noon, 1 p.m., and 2 p.m. Tours are available on the following days:
- May and June: Saturdays and Sundays, except June 24
- July: Daily, except Tuesdays
- August: Daily, except Wednesdays and August 19
- To maintain historical accuracy, buildings in the historical village have limited accessibility.
- Our museum provides plenty of outdoor things to see and do surrounding the historic buildings.
- The Visitor Centre, containing an exhibit gallery and gift shop, is wheelchair accessible.
- Electric scooters and wheelchairs are available to rent for a $5 fee.
- Reservations for electric scooters and wheelchairs are recommended, especially for special event days. To make a reservation, please call 780-662-3640 after May 19.
- Scooter rentals may be limited in the event of muddy or rainy conditions. Please call the day before your visit to confirm availability.
- No accommodations or camping onsite.
- The nearest campsite is Astotin Lake Campground, located at Elk Island National Park. For more information, call 1-877-737-3783 (8 a.m. - 6 p.m. mountain time).
- Pets are not allowed outside the parking lot at the Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Village.
- Identified service animals are permitted onsite.
- Plan for 2-3 hours to tour our museum and historic buildings.
- We are an outdoor museum with walking required between our historic buildings.
- Walking shoes are recommended for our gravel roads.
- Sunscreen and sun hats are recommended on warm summer days.
- No food or drinks are allowed in the historical village, except water bottles.
- Smoking is not permitted in the historical village.
- Alcohol is not permitted at any time.
- Parking available onsite.
- Accessible parking, RV (recreational vehicle) parking, bus parking, and passenger drop-off.
- No overnight parking.
Please see the Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Village site map to plan your visit.
For Your Safety
- Gravel/dirt pathways and roads may be uneven.
- Wooden sidewalks/steps may be slippery when wet.
- Use care when entering/exiting buildings. Please ask staff for assistance, if required.
- Watch for irregular steps.
- Handrails will not be available.
- Do not feed or approach livestock or farm animals.
- Children should be supervised at all times by an accompanying adult.