Want to book a school program?
Fill out our online school program booking form.
School In-Person Pre-Visit Information
- We are located 50 kilometers (25 minutes) east of Edmonton on Highway 16. See our location on Google Maps.
- Weather should be considered when planning your visit - there is an outdoor component to all of our programs, even if this just means walking from one historic building to another. Please plan for being outside and dress appropriately. Our rural setting often means different weather conditions than in the city of Edmonton. Check the weather before your visit.
- Teacher/adult supervision is required for all programs.
- Students must be accompanied by a supervisor at all times during your visit to our museum.
- Teachers and supervisors are responsible for the behaviour of their group.
- Supervisor requirements:
- Kindergarten to grade 6: 1 teacher/adult per 5 students
- Grade 7 to 12: 1 teacher/adult per 10 students
- Teachers and supervisors are admitted free within the supervisor requirements listed above.
- Additional teachers/adults pay admission fees according to seasonal rates.
Admissions and Payment
- Payment for school programs are processed online through credit card via our online payment system.
- Total payment must be made in one lump sum, including students and all additional adult supervisors.
- The email address of the payment contact is required upon booking.
- The link to pay will be sent our to the payment contact after the group has arrived and numbers have been confirmed.
- Payment must be completed within an hour after the link has been sent.
- Arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the start of your program to ensure time for payment, washroom breaks, and group organization to allow for a prompt program start.
- Any delays may reduce the duration of your booked program.
- Food services are operated by the Friends of the Ukrainian Village Society.
- If interested in pre-ordering lunches for your visit, please let us know so we can arrange this for your visit.
- September through April, food services may be available via pre-order (subject to availability). Schools during this time should bring bag lunches.
Upon booking you will be sent a detailed confirmation with information about your program booking.
Cancellations must be received at least three weeks (fifteen working days) prior to your scheduled program(s) or your school will be charged a $50 cancellation fee. Field trips cancelled with less than fifteen days notice due to inclement weather, or other unforeseeable circumstances, may be rescheduled based on availability.
Accessibility and Special Needs
- Please inform us of students' special needs at the time of booking and we will do our best to accommodate them.
- Accessible washrooms are available in our Visitor Centre.
- To maintain historical accuracy, buildings in the historical village have limited accessibility. Please discuss accessibility within specific programs at the time of your booking if this is a concern for your group.
- Aides and support workers assigned to students in a one-on-one relationship are admitted free of charge.
Please see the Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Village site map to plan your visit.