We are now closed to the general public for the season. We remain open for pre-booked school programs only. We will re-open to the public on May 18, 2024.
Harvest of the Past 2022
Out of respect for the passing of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, our schedule of activities has changed for Harvest of the Past. All musical entertainment has been cancelled, and the Ukrainian Shumka Dancers' 'Urban Hopak' has been cancelled. Thank you for your understanding.
Learn about Alberta’s agricultural roots with a traditional harvest at the Ukrainian Village. See the Village one last time this fall and witness an old-fashioned threshing bee as well as binding and fieldwork.
Other historical activities include horse-drawn wagon rides, flailing and winnowing demonstrations, drying flowers and herbs, making kapusta (sour cabbage), grinding wheat, wool carding and spinning, garlic braiding, blacksmith demonstrations and tractor demonstrations.
Schedule Of Activities:
10 a.m. - 5 p.m. - Historical village open (see below for list)
10 a.m. - 5 p.m. - Make, Mend and Modify: Ukrainian Adapting in Alberta exhibit
10 a.m. - 5 p.m. - Chasing Gophers Barefoot: Prairie Children of the 1930s exhibit (final day)
11 a.m., 2 p.m., 3 p.m. - Threshing demonstrations
1 p.m. and 3 p.m. - Binding and fieldwork
Historic buildings open on this day:
- Overview Zone
- Pylypow House (#2) - Kapusta making
- Hawreliak House (#3) - Canning
- Yurko House (#4) - Wool carding and spinning
- Stelmach House Learning Centre (#56) open 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Farmstead Zone
- Burdei (#6) - Garlic braiding
- Slemko House (#7) - Zhorna (flour mill) grinding
- Grekul House (#11) - Drying flowers and herbs
- Hlus House (#16) - Flailing and winnowing
- Rural Community Zone
- Kiew Hall (#27)
- St. Nicholas Russo Greek Orthodox Church (#28)
- Rural School (#30)
- St. Nicholas Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church (#33)
- Town Site Zone
- Machinery “petting zoo” (near #51 – Radway Livery Barn)
- Bellis CNR Train Station (#48)
- Bellis Home Grain Elevator (#49)
- Alberta Provincial Police Post (#50) - laundry
- Wostok Hardware (#34)
- St. Vladimir’s Ukrainian Greek Orthodox Church (#37)
- Alberta Lumber Company (#41)
- Hilliard Hotel (#47)
- Demchuk Blacksmith Shop (#43) - blacksmith demonstrations
- Morecambe School (#46)
This season: Help us fill our Wagon of Hope by bringing non-perishable food items, which will be donated to local food banks to support Ukrainian resettling in Alberta, as well as other people in need.
Regular site admission applies on event days.
Sorry, no pets allowed.
Program and activities subject to change.