- May 20, 2023 to September 4, 2023
- We are open Wednesday to Sunday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. (closed Mondays and Tuesdays, except holiday Mondays)
- Located 25 minutes (50 kilometres) east of Edmonton on Highway 16, 3 kilometres east of Elk Island National Park
- Get directions to the Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Village
- Family (2 Adults & Youths to a maximum of 8 people): $40
- Adult (18-64): $15
- Senior (65+): $13
- Youth (7-17): $10
- Child (0-6): Free
- Canadian Military and Family (with CFOne card): Free
- Friends of the Ukrainian Village Society member: Free
Payment can be made by cash, debit, Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
All prices include GST. Admission fees are subject to change without notice.
- Gift shop (summer season only).
- Food services (summer season only).
- Large picnic area with picnic tables and a fire pit (no wood supplied).
- To maintain historical accuracy, buildings in the historical village have limited accessibility.
- Our museum provides plenty of outdoor things to see and do surrounding the historic buildings.
- The Visitor Centre, containing an exhibit gallery and gift shop, is wheelchair accessible.
Electric Scooters & Wheelchairs
- To assist our guests with limited mobility, electric scooters and wheelchairs equipped with all-terrain tires are available to rent at our Visitor Centre.
- Electric scooter rentals are $5 (cash only). Wheelchair loans are complimentary.
- Scooters and wheelchairs may be reserved ahead of your visit by calling 780-662-3855, ext 1139 (after May 20).
- To rent an electric scooter, the user must be at least 18 years old, have a valid driver's license, and be able to operate the scooter on their own in a safe manner.
- Pets are not allowed outside the parking lot at the Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Village.
- Identified service animals are permitted onsite.
- Plan for 2-3 hours to tour our museum and historic buildings.
- We are an outdoor museum with walking required between our historic buildings.
- Walking shoes are recommended for our gravel roads.
- Sunscreen and sun hats are recommended on warm summer days.
- No food or drinks are allowed in the historical village, except water bottles.
- Smoking and vaping are not permitted in the historical village.
- Alcohol and cannabis are not permitted at any time.
- Parking available onsite.
- Accessible parking, RV (recreational vehicle) parking, bus parking, and passenger drop off.
- No overnight parking.
- No accommodations or camping onsite.
- The nearest campsite is Astotin Lake Campground, located at Elk Island National Park. For more information, call 1-877-737-3783 (8 a.m. - 6 p.m. MST).
Please see the Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Village site map to plan your visit.
For Your Safety
- Gravel/dirt pathways and road may be uneven.
- Wooden sidewalks/steps may be slippery when wet.
- Use care when entering/exiting buildings. Please ask for assistance, if required.
- Watch for irregular steps.
- Handrails will not be available.
- Do not feed or approach livestock or farm animals.
- Children should be supervised at all times by an accompanying adult.