The Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Village offers an authentic historic background and beautiful landscape for photography sessions.
Photographers who book a photography session for a wedding, engagement, family portraits, or other non-commercial purposes are accompanied by an interpreter. Your group will be led through the historic buildings, handle historic artifacts for photos, and inform your group about the history of the restored historic buildings.
- Cost: $200
- Duration: 2 hours
- Season available: May long weekend to Labour Day
- Operating hours: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Additional options such as a horse-drawn wagon or historic vehicle ride may be available for an additional fee.
- While we will work to ensure that your photography session runs smoothly, please be aware that we cannot provide exclusive use of buildings or sites in the museum. Other groups or visitors may be present on site or have access to the same buildings.
- It is recommended you reserve your photography session as early as possible. Reservations are required.
- Photography sessions are booked for a maximum of 2 hours. If you will require more time, please book this in advance.
- If there are particular locations that you would like to use for your photos, please inform UCHV staff in advance.
- Upon arrival, after payment at the admissions booth, please head to the Visitor Centre to meet your guide.
- Driving is not permitted onsite. While groups can be dropped off and picked up in front of the Visitor Centre, please be prepared to walk.
- If transportation is needed around the historic site, a horse and wagon may be available to book for a fee. If required, please request this service in advance to ensure availability.
- If you would like to handle any historic artifacts for any reason, including using them in photographs or sitting on furniture, please ask the guide with your group if this is possible.
- While pictures may be taken inside many of the historic buildings, please be prepared for the weather outdoors. If rain is a concern, it is recommended to plan for an alternate indoor location.
- Food and drink are not permitted in any of the historic buildings. Water bottles are permitted. Alcohol is not permitted anywhere onsite.
- Smoking is not permitted onsite except for designated areas in the parking lot and near the Silska Domiwka (Red Barn).
Commercial filming opportunities may be available to capture a specific historical setting for your filming needs.
Applications may be made to the Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Village on behalf of the Alberta government for access for commercial film and photographic ventures.
All necessary paperwork must be submitted and approved before any application will be considered. Application forms will be made available upon request.
To inquire about commercial filming opportunities, contact UCHVBookings@gov.ab.ca.