Booking a School Program
Learn about all the school program offerings available year-round.
- All programs must be booked in advance.
- Program bookings are subject to availability.
- Book early to ensure your desired date is available.
- Program bookings may be made up to 1 year in advance.
- Programs and program prices are subject to change.
- We are located 50 kilometers (25 minutes) east of Edmonton on Highway 16. See our location on Google Maps.
- Weather should be considered when planning your visit - there is an outdoor component to all of our programs, even if this just means walking from one historic building to another. Please plan for being outside and dress appropriately. Our rural setting often means different weather conditions than in the city of Edmonton. Check the weather before your visit.
- Teacher/adult supervision is required for all programs
- Students must be accompanied by a supervisor at all times during your visit to our museum
- Supervisor requirements: 1 teacher/adult per 8 students
- One teacher/adult is admitted free of charge for every 8 students
- Additional teachers/adults pay admission fees according to seasonal rates
Admissions and Payment
- Payment must be made upon arrival.
- Accepted payment methods:
- Credit card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express)
- Cheque made payable to "Government of Alberta"
- If a credit card holder will not be present on the date of your visit, schools can make payment via weblink. If you would like to complete payment via weblink, please send (before the date of arrival) the email address of the individual who will be able to complete the transaction upon the group's arrival.
- Invoicing is not accepted.
- Arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the start of your program to ensure time for payment, washroom breaks, and group organization to allow for a prompt program start.
- Any delays may reduce the duration of your booked program.
- Food services are operated by the Friends of the Ukrainian Village Society.
- Menus to pre-order meals are available on the Friends of the Ukrainian Village Society website.
- September through April, food services are only available via pre-order. Schools during this time should bring bag lunches or ensure they pre-order.
- Upon booking you will be sent a detailed confirmation with information about your program booking.
Accessibility and Special Needs
- Please inform us of students' special needs at the time of booking and we will do our best to accommodate them.
- Accessible washrooms are available in our Visitor Centre.
- To maintain historical accuracy, buildings in the historical village have limited accessibility. Please discuss accessibility within specific programs at the time of your booking if this is a concern for your group.
- Aides and support workers assigned to students in a one-on-one relationship are admitted free of charge.
Please see the Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Village site map to plan your visit.